How to Apply for an STSM:
To begin the application for a MODENA STSM, you must complete an online application form on the COST website. You will be required to provide the following details:
- Name, title, complete address, telephone number and email address at the lab at which you are currently working
- Short CV
- Address of host institution and contact name
- A letter of invitation (please note that all countries involved need to be members of the MODENA COST Action!)
- Brief project description (max 1 page). Please indicate what impact this STSM will have for your project, and how the topic fits into the goals of the MODENA COST Action.
- Scheduled dates and time for the STSM to take place and a budget showing cost breakdown.
Following Application, the online registration tool will issue a formal STSM application which you can download.
This form, together with any necessary document which the Applicant may regard as helpful in supporting the application at the evaluation process (such as CV, list of publications, motivation letter, letter of support from the home institute etc.) must be sent to:
- the future Host of the STSM (Receiving institution);
- the Chair of the Management Committee of the Action (Lang Tran) and
- the Action’s STSM coordinator (Marite Cardenas)
Notes on Financing of STSMs
The financial support offered by COST is a contribution to the costs of an STSM and may not necessarily cover all the costs in each case. The grant should normally cover only travel and subsistence.
The financial contribution for a STSM will be a fixed grant based on the Applicant’s budget request and the evaluation of the application by the STSM assessment committee.
An amount of EUR 60 to 90 for the daily allowance in particular for longer stays and EUR 300 for the travel is recommended.
The total of a STSM shall normally not exceed EUR 2 500 (EUR 3 500 for Early Stage Researchers). Any exception needs special justification.
In any case, costs associated with the STSM must not exceed the limits set in the “rules for reimbursement by COST of expenses for experts eligible forreimbursement”.
An advance payment may be made in exceptional circumstances, which will require additional special justification.
Full details of the STSM Application process and regulations surrounding this are available from the STSM Vademecum.